Tuesday, November 3, 2009

LOVE.

I’m constantly blown away by how loving everyone is in Zambia. And surprise surprise, I fell in love with 21 more children today. I got to spend the day at one of the orphanages here in Choma and was completely torn emotionally. Children fighting for my attention because they craved it so badly. For 6 hours I had kids on my lap constantly – believe me, I wasn’t complaining. I loved the hugs but my heart broke a little each time the kids hugged me. They have no parents to give them the love that they deserve every day of their lives. And every time they called me Aunty Heether (not Heather), I thought about how they have no one to call Mom and Dad. The desire for love is there but they don't get nearly enough of it - its heartbreaking.


This is Tom. He is a total sweetheart and I want to bring him home!



One of the kids took this picture and I really love it. 
Little boy #2 that stole my heart is Malvin.

4 comments:

  1. Heartbreaking even for me here at home...and oh, so sweet. Love you SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring one home if you wish.

    dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. They ARE beautiful - and I love reading these posts, Heather.

    You really have quite a heart for this, don't you? For the nursing and primarily for the children. It's beautiful.

    So, am I going to be Uncle Josh then? ; )

    ReplyDelete